The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) is a national, professional, non-profit making Society registered under the Societies Registration Act of 1860. The major objective of the ISTE is to assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industries and other organizations.
Gurukul Vidyapeeth became member of this nationalized body , with a number of technical activities, festivals and other conducts.
The Major Objective of the ISTE.
- To formulate the general goals & responsibilities of technical education.
- To adjust curriculum & educational processes to changing conditions.
- To develop effective teachers & educational administrators.
- To improve instructional methods & practices & administrative usages.
- To enhance professional ideals & standards.
- To foster research as a function complementary to teaching.
- To cultivate fraternal spirit amongst the teachers, administrators, industrialists & professionals.
- To bring about effective linkage between technical institutions industry & society.
- To award honorary fellowships, Awards and Prizes, for furthering the objectives of Technical Education.
Activities of ISTE are
- Curriculum development and updating
- AICTE sponsored STTPs for engineering teachers and practicing professionals
- Special short-term programme for teacher organized by ISTE-industries and other professional organizations
- Seminars/workshops/conference topics of relevance to Technical Education
- Information Technology oriented programmes.
- Project formulation implementation and appraisal.
- Publication of a bi-monthly ISTE Newsletter.
- Publication of a quarterly Indian Journal of Technical Education.
- Publication of ISTE Handbook.
- Publication of Learning Materials in the area of Electronics and Computer under ISTE.